Looking to Join an Exciting Growth Industry? We’ve Got California Cannabis Jobs!
If you’re a fan of nature’s gift, the cannabis plant, you may be dreaming of a job in the industry. Working in cannabis can be fun, unpredictable and exciting. You get to interact will all types of people who love cannabis, for reasons medical, recreational or both! There’s always something new happening, too. New strains and cannabis products are produced daily, new farms are waiting to be discovered, cannabis science is finally taking off and techniques are always improving. But, because cannabis is such a fast-paced environment, it’s not for everyone.
To succeed in a cannabis jobs in California, you need certain qualities and attributes. Here are some of the most important ones:
- Attention to detail. Cannabis is a highly regulated industry responsible for adhering to a vast number of ever-changing polices and restrictions. There is no room for error when facing large fines or even having a business license revoked. This isn’t an industry for sloppy workers.
- Flexibility. Cannabis workers wear many hats and that’s one thing that keeps our jobs exciting! If you’re adaptable and can learn new things quickly, this could be the industry for you!
- Follow-Through. Because things are always changing and evolving, it’s easy for important tasks to slip between the cracks. You should be comfortable with owning a project from start to completion. If you’re easily distracted or lack focus, you won’t succeed.
- Honesty. As you can imagine, security is tight in the cannabis industry. If you think you can skim a little product or money off the top, you’re sorely mistaken. Employers will press charges.
- Love of people. There’s a lot of interaction with people in cannabis jobs. While cannabis stewards and security have the most public interaction, other areas of the business are working with cultivators, sales representatives, the media, transportation, manufacturing and so on. If you don’t genuinely enjoy helping people, all people regardless of their race, religion, gender, sexuality, income, etc.…, you won’t enjoy working in cannabis.
Still onboard? Great! Now, let’s clear up some common misconceptions about cannabis jobs.
– Stoners are lazy. You won’t find many lazy people in cannabis, at least not successful ones.
– I can get high at work. Nope. Cannabis use during work hours is strictly prohibited by most employers.
– I can be an unkempt slob. Uh, uh. Cannabis work requires professionalism in action and appearance. Don’t wear your Phish t-shirt to a job interview, please.
Still interested in working in cannabis?
That’s awesome! Because there are many great benefits too. Cannabis attracts a lot of interesting, creative and passionate people. We know how to work hard and play hard, striving for a healthy balance. The pay is good and there are plenty of perks! We’re fun and value individuality, judging people on merit alone. If you’ve ever had a job where you felt you couldn’t be yourself, cannabis is the opposite. Be yourself! Just the best, most professional and competent version of you. 😊
We’ve Got Openings! The Natural Cannabis Company is now hiring for both our Santa Rosa and Oakland locations!
Check out our current listenings for California cannabis jobs here.