Keeping It Discreet: 6 Tips for Keeping Your Cannabis Use Under Wraps
By Zelda Flowers
Even with more and more states adopting legal cannabis and social acceptance widening, there can be times when you need to be discreet about its use. There’s no need to abstain, however. Instead, try one or more of these tips to make sure your cannabis use remains your private business.
- Eat an edible. Edibles are the easiest way to consume cannabis without anyone noticing. There’s no lingering odors to contend with nor messy residue. Remember that edibles take a lot longer to take effect and dosing varies by product. Edibles can range in dose from 5 mg of THC per serving up to 50 mg. Read the package carefully, start slow and make sure to keep them secure and away from curious children and pets!
- Vape. Vape pens and portable vaporizers don’t create smoke therefore there’s a significant odor reduction. Using one near an open window or outside can be completely unnoticeable. The pens and vaporizers themselves are small and easy to conceal while cartridges make it easy to switch strains.
- Avoid joints. Cones create the smokiest residue from the burning paper. If you’re going to smoke, opt for a pipe or bong instead.
- Avoid traditional air fresheners. Flowery bathroom sprays and room sprays don’t really mask cannabis aroma, they simply mix with it. Instead, invest in Ozium deodorizer.
- Use a sploof. You can make a traditional one out of a paper towel tube stuffed with dryer sheets or you can buy a Sploofy online. You blow the smoke into it and it drastically cuts down on weed stank.
- Wash, rinse and change. Smoke clings to hair and clothing, so if you really need to be discreet, you need to do a quick change. Wash your hands, rinse your mouth, use mouthwash, chew some gum or eat a breath mint. If showering is out of the question, consider using a little hair product to freshen up your locks. Change your clothing and don’t forget the eye drops!