High Art Inspo: Fun, Free and Interactive Online Art You Can Do Right Now
Sometimes when the pressure is on and deadlines loom, like those of High Art 2019 launching on February 20th, it seems like motivation and inspiration can leave us high and dry. If you’re looking for some simple interactive art to get your brain synapses firing again, or even if you just need a little midday break from the drudgery of workaday life, check out these fun and inspirational online art activities!
- WeaveSilk: Simply draw with your mouse and create beautiful abstract art. They have an app for iPad and iPhone but the web browser version requires no downloads. You can even share your art with others or just erase, start over and play to your heart’s content.
- Bomomo: Get abstract with this web browser drawing pad unlike any other. Draw with multiple paint points and use the tools to change from linear to flowing and everything in between.
- ThisisSand: If you remember the 1970s, you remember sand paintings. Relive the glory of sand painting days with this browser app. Requires Adobe Flash to run. Use your mouse to drop layers of sand to create anything you like. A huge palette of colors.
- Viscosity: Start with a bar of colors and use the various brushes to manipulate them into abstract art. There’s a selection of color palettes to choose from. Requires Adobe Flash.
- Mandala Maker: Use this online mandala maker to create colorful and intricate patterns. Change the brush size, colors, line width and more.
Once you’ve got your creative juices flowing again, be sure to apply that motivation to your High Art entry! Submissions are accepted between February 20th and March 20th only! Compete against cannabis-loving artists from around in the world in this one-of-a-kind art competition. Learn more about High Art here.